October is LGBTQ+ History Month. Here are some resources:
CTA's Human Rights Department provides a variety of workshops and trainings presented by volunteer educators trained and knowledgeable in that area.
- Legal Rights of LGBTQ+ Employees & Students
- A Guide to CTA's Human Rights Programs and Services
- Queer People of Color - Posters
- 20 LGBTQ+ Books for Teens Coming Out in 2020
- All Boys Aren’t Blue by George M. Johnson
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas
- Cinderella Is Dead by Kalynn Bayron
- Date Me, Bryson Keller by Kevin van Whye
- Even If We Break by Marieke Nijkamp
- The Fascinators by Andrew Eliopulos
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callendar
- The Gay Agenda by Ashley Molesso and Chessie Needham
- The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar
- I’ll Be the One by Lyla Lee
- Late to the Party by Kelly Quindlen
- Loveless by Alice Oseman
- Music From Another World by Robin Talley
- The Names We Take by Trace Kerr
- Somebody Told Me by Mia Siegert
- Stay Gold by Tobly McSmith
- Verona Comics by Jennifer Dugan
- We Are Totally Normal by Rahul Kanakia
- Where We Go From Here by Lucas Rocha, translated by Larissa Helena
- You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson
- Nancy Bailey Leadership in Lesbian & Gay Issues, Human Rights Award - Nominations available on cta.org each September and are due in January. Award is given in March at Equity and Human Rights Conference. Click here for more information and a nomination form.
- David A Sanchez LGBTQ+ Leadership Award - This Caucus award is given to those indivduals that have helped to achieve significant progress and promote leadership on behalf of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexula and Transgender Community. Award is given in June at State Coucil. Click here for a nomination form.
- LGBTQ Safety in Schools Grant and Scholarship Program in Honor of Guy DeRosa - Applications due in May and awarded in November. Click here for more information and an application.
- Human Rights Contact at each service center - See the Human Rights Department publication for a list of names and contact information.